Tuesday 4 January 2011

Random Celebrity Crushes

Alexander Skarsgard - there is a hunk of a man who I would happily let carry me away into the sunset never to be seen again, and trust me I would enjoy those years away with him, really enjoy them. Believe me, if you saw a picture of this guy, you would feel the same - he's very Nordic, very viking . . .its just beautiful. Where we may find a slight difference, of opinions is when I confess that I also harbour some of the same feelings for another, albeit slightly more minor, celebrity. Namely the lovely Professor Brian Cox.

Yeah, he's the guy who does the physics programmes on the TV, so what? He was in a band, that's cool (It still counts even if you can't remember the name). I don't care if he has odd floppy hair and slightly squinty eyes, it all adds to the charm. He's smart and gets excited about teaching us all new things in a way I find very endearing! I don't know why I'm trying to rationalise this, there's really no need, you just won't understand, because he is my RCC - Random Celebrity Crush, we all have one but only a few of us are brave enough to admit it.

Anonymity seems to make admission about 80% easier, as proved by Heat Magazine's annual weird crush poll. Last year the 'Go Compare' Man was at 11, surely that's worse than a cute, socially awkward physics presenter. Wait, hang on a minute - Hugh Laurie is in there, he's not weird - he's hot in a sarcastic mean doctor way. They've also put Benedict Cumberbatch in there too - he was an amazingly fit Sherlock Holmes earlier in the year. Why are these people in this list? They're not wierd, they're totally socially acceptable embodiments of sexual desire.There's only one explanation for these crazy misrepresentations, that Heat readers are actually secretly voting for truly eligible men.

Of course it could be the case that I just have a twisted and misguided taste in celebrity hunks but this just can't be true! Can it? I mean think of the Swedish sex god!

Anyway - I have to go - Brian is on the TV!

P.S. Feel free to add your own tales of RCC's - admitting it is the first step to healing!

3 comments:

  1. You are so right - it is always people who are in no way weirdos that are on these weird celebrity crush lists! like andrew castle, i mean come on.... phwoar!!!

    MNind you, i have just looked at cosmopolitans, and theyve got simon amstell at number 6. Yuck. he is a freek. i also dont fancy david cameron, which they also present as a possiblitily. but then again, guen and bronwen do... so whatdoyouknow!

    im trying to think of the celeb weird crushes i have.... well recently ive been fancying the benn brothers; as everyone now probs knows... rupert grint, depsite his gingeryness, mister maker, alan davis, stephen mangan from free agents, NONE OF THESE ARE OBSCURE. im sorry its harder than i thought! what was my point???? --- brian cox is pretty cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA HA mister maker....okay...I feel almost like your a perv but I guess he is attractive. I apologise for my insensitive laughter. I do get Rupert Grint and Rosies Viking guy! My RCC (which pple know) is Philip Schofield the silver fox I love him and I would let him pull me off into the distant (I dnt see his weedy arms carrying me lol) but i LOVE him! I really do and Gary Barlow which app is weird...er who else Stephen Fry....ooh oh Rolf Harris (only on animal hosp reruns thou!) xxx ps gooood bloglet xxx

    ReplyDelete